Receiving care through a partial hospitalization program, or PHP, can be a valuable step on your path to successful long-term recovery from a substance use disorder. Bradford’s House of Hope, which is the PHP at Bradford Recovery Center, is a safe and supportive place where adults of all genders can receive personalized care within a respectful and welcoming environment.
Bradford’s House of Hope serves adults age 18 and older of all genders who have been struggling with substance use disorders and certain co-occurring mental health concerns.
Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) may be the optimal level of care for adults who can benefit from a strong connection with structured clinical services but whose needs are not severe enough to require round-the-clock monitoring and supervision.
Most adults who enter our PHP step down to this level of care after completing residential treatment. However, we also accept adults who are entering treatment directly at the PHP level.
All admissions decisions for Bradford’s House of Hope are made on an individual basis following a detailed assessment of each person’s unique treatment history, strengths, needs, and goals.
To determine if our PHP is the right place for you, please contact Bradford Recovery Center at your convenience. A member of our team is available 24/7 to provide you with the information you need. In addition to getting answers to all your questions, you can also complete your intake interview over the phone from the comfort and safety of home.
When you choose Bradford’s House of Hope partial hospitalization program, you will receive personalized care provided by a team of experienced professionals. Depending on your specific needs and goals, your time in our PHP may include:
- Basic medical care, including nutritional interventions and medication education, provided by our medical director, a physician assistant, registered nurses (RNs), and licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Medication management services, including scheduled appointments with a psychiatrist
- Two individual therapy sessions per week
- Daily group therapy sessions, addressing topics such as emotion regulation, the SMART Recovery model, mindfulness, gratitude, relapse prevention, and continuing care
- Weekly experiential therapy sessions, which may include team-building experiences, fitness, mental health activities, and employment/life skills services
- Monthly family therapy sessions to promote healthier communication and improved support among loved ones
During your time in our PHP, you may also take part in off-campus 12-Step support groups, including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings. We also typically provide one supervised outing to a local shopping center each week.
Programming at the PHP level is provided seven days per week. Each treatment day also includes on-site meals. Typical length of stay is 30 days or more, based on progress and need.
Benefits of PHP
The many benefits of receiving care through Bradford’s House of Hope include:
- Housing option: When you take part in our PHP, you only need to be at our facility when treatment is in session. However, if you do not live in the area, or if you prefer to reside in a supportive environment while you’re enrolled in our PHP, we offer gender-specific residences for men and women.
- Strong connection with superior clinical care: Bradford’s House of Hope features full days of treatment seven days a week. During treatment, you can address concerns that may have contributed to your substance use, gain a stronger foothold in early recovery, and develop the skills that will help you achieve long-term success.
- Increased opportunities for independence: Whether you return to your home or to one of our on-site residences at the end of each treatment day, your time in our PHP will include significant opportunities for independent living. If you are stepping down from our residential program, this increased independence can be a vital component of your effort to make a healthy transition out of treatment.
- Detailed discharge planning: Prior to the end of your time in our PHP, you will receive a detailed plan to guide the next phase of your recovery. This plan will identify the professional aftercare services and community-based resources that will support your continued recovery after you have completed treatment and returned home.
Daily group sessions, 12-Step meetings, and SMART Recovery education will also introduce you to the power and promise of the recovery community. Learning to advocate on your own behalf and turn to your personal support network for help can significantly enhance your efforts to achieve and maintain successful long-term recovery.