We offer a caring, compassionate, and confidential detox environment for patients suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. Bradford Recovery Center specializes in coordinated care for individuals suffering from addiction. We make every effort to ensure the detox process is as pain-free and comfortable as possible.
Purpose of Drug & Alcohol Detox
The purpose of drug and alcohol detox programs is to end the immediate physical dependency of a patient upon an addictive substance. Physical dependency is exhibited when an individual discovers that they become ill or suffer from unusual side effects when they try to go without the substance they’ve become addicted to. Our experienced staff work closely with each individual to make sure they have the appropriate medication to counteract the negative effects of withdrawal, and to provide the correct balance of nutrition to replenish and heal the body.
During the detox phase of treatment, we request that family members and other visitors respect the patient’s privacy.
Features of Our Detoxification Program
We strive to meet the individual needs of each patient. Some of the most important features of our drug and alcohol detox treatment include:
- Patients receive 24-hour qualified nursing care
- All aspects of a patient’s physical and mental health are evaluated and attended to
- Most patients remain in detox for a period of 3 to 5 days, although some individuals will require longer care
- Our patients are medically cleared by a doctor before transitioning from detoxification into our residential rehab program
- Medical treatment protocols may vary during this phase, based on an individual patient’s addictions
- Patients are encouraged to participate in Bradford Recovery Center’s therapeutic services once they are physically able
Detoxification protocols for patients may vary depending on the substance they are addicted to. While dependency to substances like opiates are easily monitored with medications and nutrition, a dependency to alcohol may require more intensive oversight due to the severity of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
Detoxification protocols at Bradford Recovery Center do share some features in common:
- We treat this phase of addiction recovery as a primarily medical process
- Our nursing staff frequently take vital sign measurements and chart the results
- We maintain on-call physician services
- Our staff will treat every patient with respect and dignity
- We adhere to strict confidentiality
Medical Care & Assistance
Should a life-threatening emergency arise during the detoxification phase, Bradford Recovery Center maintains the option of transferring a patient to a hospital emergency room to obtain necessary medical assistance. That type of medical incident occurs rarely, but may arise in some patients with pre-existing medical conditions.