At Bradford Recovery Center in Millerton, PA, our streamlined admissions process is designed to ensure that adults can access the residential addiction treatment they need as efficiently and effectively as possible.
All admissions decisions at Bradford Recovery Center are made on a case-by-case basis following a thorough review of each individual’s treatment history, needs, and goals. In general terms, our residential program is designed for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Adults age 18 and older
- Have a primary diagnosis of a substance use disorder (this is the clinical term for addiction)
- Do not have medical needs that exceed our capacity to meet
In addition to providing comprehensive, personalized care to help individuals achieve long-term recovery from addiction, we also offer customized care for those whose chemical dependency needs are accompanied by certain co-occurring mental health conditions.
Please note that the information above is provided for general informational purposes only. To learn more about our admissions criteria, or for help determining if Bradford Recovery Center is the ideal place for you or a loved one, please contact us at your convenience. A member of our team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions and help you make the most informed decisions.
Our Admissions Process
When you’ve been seeking effective professional care for addiction, the last thing you want to do is spend additional time completing paperwork or otherwise getting bogged down in a stressful admissions process.
At Bradford Recovery Center, we understand this, and we’ve worked diligently to create a smooth and stress-free admissions process. The goal of this process is to ensure that you get connected with the personalized services you need as efficiently as possible. During the admissions process, a member of our team can also coordinate directly with your insurance provider to verify your coverage and confirm that you have access to all benefits to which you are entitled.
Our admissions process begins with a phone call. When you contact one of our admissions associates, this friendly professional will gather some basic information from you and answer any questions you may have about our residential services.
This initial conversation will help us determine if Bradford Recovery Center is the perfect place for you or your loved one. If at any point it becomes apparent that you or your loved one would be better served by a different provider, we’ll work with you and your family to make the appropriate referral. We want you to get into treatment as quickly as possible, but we also want to make sure you’re getting the care that’s the best fit for you.
Once we’ve determined that our program is right for you, we’ll schedule a date for you to enter our program.
When you arrive at our campus in north-central Pennsylvania, you’ll be greeted by a friendly member of our team. You’ll fill out a bit of additional paperwork, complete your intake assessment, receive a tour of our facility, and prepare for your first day.
Every step of the way, all members of the Bradford team will be happy to explain our policies and procedures, answer any questions you may have, and otherwise do whatever we can to make you feel comfortable at your temporary home away from home.
What to Bring with You
The following are examples of items that you should plan to bring:
- Driver’s license or other identification card
- Health insurance card
- A supply of any prescription medications that you are currently taking, in properly labeled bottles
- Small clock radio for your nightstand
- Slippers or flip-flops and a bathrobe for shower purposes
- Casual, comfortable clothing that fits appropriately as determined by the treatment team (no large, baggy clothing, or any clothing that exposes your midriff or underwear)
- At least one set of clothing that’s appropriate for exercise or wellness-based activities
Please try to limit your belongings to one bag or suitcase, and please do not bring more than seven days’ worth of clothing. Laundry facilities and supplies are provided.
- Unopened packs of cigarettes can be brought in or mailed to you during your stay
- Unopened rolling tobacco and sealed packs of cigarette tubes are permitted
- Vapes are allowed, but all e-liquid refills must be brand new
- Chewing tobacco is not allowed in the facility
To ensure that Bradford Recovery Center remains a safe place for all, and to maintain a focused treatment environment, the following items are prohibited:
- Mouthwash, perfume, cologne, body splash, and any toiletries listing alcohol within the first three ingredients
- Food, candy, gum, and beverages
- Headphones, headsets, digital music players, cell phones, beepers, pagers, and computers of any kind
- Any article of clothing that may convey a negative message (such as concert shirts or gang-related apparel)
- Revealing or tight-fitting clothing deemed inappropriate by our staff